Yummy veggie soup for babies. This can easily be converted to vegetarian by using vegetable broth in place of chicken broth. This can easily be converted to. Chicken soup - healthy soup recipe for babies, toddlers and kids made with chicken and little spices.
Homemade baby foods are always so much cheaper, tastier, more nutritious and best of all cooked with so. Sweet potatoes are one of babies' favorite firsts foods. Combine them with literally any other. You can have Yummy veggie soup for babies using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yummy veggie soup for babies
- You need 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 of medium carrot.
- Prepare 1 of small potato.
- It's 1 tbsp of chopped onion.
- It's 1 tbsp of chopped celery stalk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped zucchini (or butternut squash).
- It's 1 tbsp of chopped bell pepper.
- It's 1/2 cup of broccoli.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red lentils.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
There are many baby soup recipes - Indian, Western as well as Oriental - that you can try out at home Steam veggies in the meantime that you can add to the side. If it mashes when you squeeze it, its steamed well. Almost all moms have one common complaint - My baby doesn't eat vegetables, doesn't like vegetable juice and when they grow up , veggies are a big NO NO except finger chips and packaged potato chips!! Learn all about beetroot for babies, nutrition and some easy recipes.
Yummy veggie soup for babies instructions
- In a small or medium sized sauce pan add the water and bring it to boil..
- In the meantime, prepare the veggies. Drain the red lentils through running water until it comes clear. Chop the veggies into small size so that they will cook faster. You may increase or decrease each portion of the ingredients depending on what you have at hand and also on what your little one loves more. :).
- Once the water has started to boil, throw all the veggies and the lentils. Also add the salt. IF COOKING FOR BABIES UNDER 12-MONTHS-OLD OMIT THE SALT!.
- Because of the lentils the water will start to foam. With a spoon carefully skim the foam..
- Leave to boil for 15-20 minutes or when all veggies are fork tender and the water has reduced. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Add the olive oil and blend the veggies until smooth. Serve warm to your little one. The amount I serve is half of what I prepare. The other half I place in a sealed container and serve the next day. Hope your little ones enjoy as much as mine! :).
- Optional: for some added Calcium add a tablespoon of cream cheese or milk before blending the soup..
Beetroots are one of the best food choices to make for your little one at this time and MomJunction tells you about the goodness of beetroot for. Packed with all kinds of veggies, this easy healthy loaded vegetable soup will become a new family favorite. Tuck the veggies right into the broth in this Vegetarian Lentil Soup and let kids enjoy it without worrying that they'll find a stray piece of onion! They are also incredibly inexpensive, so having a package in the pantry is a great way to ensure that you are never too far from a yummy family dinner. How to make Mixed Vegetable Soup for Babies & Toddlers?