Yellow Pickles (Indonesian Pickles). Acar - Indonesian pickle with cucumber, carrot, shallot, and red chilies. Acar is the most popular Indonesian pickle. We serve this as a side dish to accompany nasi goreng (Indonesian fried rice), mi goreng (Indonesian stir-fried noodles), sate/satay, martabak, and soto.
Pour water and stir till bubble comes. Take out from stove and ready to serve. We make cinnamon pickles from the garden cucumbers we let grow too big and turn yellow. You can cook Yellow Pickles (Indonesian Pickles) using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yellow Pickles (Indonesian Pickles)
- It's 250 gr of cucumbers, removed seeds and cut into stick shape.
- You need 150 gr of carrots, peeled and cut into stick shape.
- It's 50 gr of green friggiteli pepper.
- Prepare of Make puree:.
- You need 4 cloves of shallot.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 of candlenuts.
- Prepare 2-3 cm of fresh turmeric.
- It's 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of pepper.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves, ripped.
- It's 1 stalk of lemongrass, crushed.
- It's 2-3 tbsp of vinegar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It's 250 ml of water.
- It's 2 tbsp of oil.
You can also make them with the regular green kind. Every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas, my Grandma Viola would trot out these jars of cinnamon pickles. They were red, sweet, and sour at the same time and spicy. The Yellow Cucumber Pickle is simply irresistible.
Yellow Pickles (Indonesian Pickles) instructions
- Preheat oil into wok, sauted puree bay leaf and lemongrass about 2-3 mins till smells good and bit brown. Pour water and stir till bubble comes..
- Add cucumber, carrot and chilli into wok and boil in 2 mins till half cooked. Seasoning with vinegar and sugar. Take out from stove and ready to serve. :).
- The pickles ready to serve with fried noodles or fried rice or you can make this for your sandwich 😊.
This tasty pickle is not only a personal favorite but also one that has got me quiet a few cookery awards! Try this wonderful Yellow Cucumber Pickles recipe. I am sure you will love it! Add the onion, chile, sugar, salt and peppercorns to a medium-sized, non-reactive saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the cucumbers, cover tightly and remove from heat.