Massaman chicken curry. My husband LOVES Thai and Indian food and almost always orders Chicken Massaman Curry. We live in a small community with limited ethnic food options so I have been trying to recreate our favorites at home. I followed the recipe and just made minor adjustments as noted by others (less peanut butter, tamarind paste substitution, red pepper flakes.
Chicken Massaman Curry is an easy and delicious Thai curry dish. Chicken and potatoes are cooked in a sweet, slightly spicy sauce. Chicken Massaman Curry is one of the easiest and most delicious savory Thai curry dishes. You can cook Massaman chicken curry using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Massaman chicken curry
- Prepare 50 g of Massaman curry paste to taste, I used about.
- Prepare 400 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare Clove of garlic - chopped.
- You need of Chopped shallot.
- Prepare Tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It's Teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare Tablespoon of smooth peanut butter.
- It's 2-3 of chicken breasts - chopped.
- You need 2-3 of small potatoes - peeled and chopped into small cubes.
- It's 1 of carrot - peeled and sliced.
- It's Handful of peanuts.
- It's of Lime to serve.
- It's of Thai basil or normal basil to serve.
- Prepare of Rice to serve.
With chicken and potatoes cooked into a sweet, slightly spicy sauce, it's a flavor explosion!. Try this homemade Thai Massaman curry, which is made entirely from scratch. This famous Thai curry is rich and very flavorful. Made with chicken, beef, or lamb, it's a fragrant yellow curry that incorporates lemongrass and nuts together with other key Thai ingredients.
Massaman chicken curry step by step
- Start by gathering your main ingredients together. Shell the nuts and roast in a preheated oven at 160 for about 30 mins. Add the curry paste to a wok. Dissolve with the coconut milk over a low heat..
- Add fish sauce, sugar, garlic and shallots. Stir and add the peanut butter.
- Add potatoes and simmer for about 10 mins. Add chicken and carrots. Stir and simmer for another 20 mins or so. Meanwhile, your nuts should be roasted. Remove from oven and whiz up in a food processor.
- Serve with rice, lime, basil and the roasted peanuts 😀.
Massaman Curry is a Thai coconut milk based curry. It's subtly sweet and not very spicy, and usually made with beef or chicken as well as potatoes and red onion. Massaman Curry is a bit different from the Red, Green & Panang curries so widely popular. The main difference lies in the type of spices used. Lay the chicken, onion, potato, peanuts, cinnamon, and bay leaf in the curry.