'V' Christmas cake.
You can cook 'V' Christmas cake using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 'V' Christmas cake
- Prepare 300 grams of (12oz) self raising flour.
- You need 5 ml of (1tsp) mixed spice.
- You need 100 grams of (4 oz) ground almonds.
- You need 200 grams of (8 oz) butter.
- It's 200 grams of (8oz) castor sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs beaten with 125 mls (8 tbsp) milk or (1/2 milk and brandi ).
- You need 200 grams of (8 oz) currants.
- You need 200 grams of (8 oz) sultanas.
- Prepare 200 grams of (8 oz) raisins.
- You need 100 grams of (4 oz ) halved glacé cherries.
- Prepare 100 grams of (4 oz) cut mixed peel.
'V' Christmas cake instructions
- soak the currents, sultanas, raisins, halved glacè cherries and mixed peel in 1/2 cup (200mls) of good Brandi ..let it soak for at least 4/6 weeks and top up weekly before Christmas if necessary.
- Sieve together flour , spice and ground almonds.
- Cream butter and sugar, stir in flour mixture and eggs with milk ( alternately, a little at a time).
- lastly add fruit mix thoroughly.
- place mixture in a greased and lined 23cm x 7cm deep round cake tin.
- bake in slow oven, 150c-300f for about 41/2 hours ...after 31/2 check cake by inserting a knife or skewer until it comes out clean.