Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup.
You can have Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup
- You need 1 cup of dried baby lima beans.
- It's 1 quart of + 1-1/2 cup chicken broth.
- It's 2 cups of water.
- It's 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/3 cup of dehydrated onions.
Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup instructions
- Wash and look the beans over remove any foreign objects such as stones. Start out with a cup and a half of broth..
- Add the beans, water, butter, and onions to a pot cover and boil for 20 minutes. Turn down to simmer..
- As it cook the beans become more and more tender. This is a bit of a process. About 1-1/2 to 2 hours. You need to replenish the liquids as needed during the cooking process. Add the broth as needed just keep the beans under the liquids. Keep covered..
- When you see these little pieces that kinda reminds you of rice grains, or tiny claws, that means the beans are done or close to it. They are close to pink in color. It's like the beans release these when they are done..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.