Fried Cassava - Indonesian way;). The most popular snacks include singkong goreng (deep fried cassava), and combro. Popular in Java, combro are deep fried croquettes of thinly shredded cassava filled with sambal oncom, which is a type of fermented soybean sambal. The simplest popular snack is boiled (or steamed) cassava with desiccated coconut and palm sugar syrup.
Make sure to remove the tough core from each of the tape before mashing. Tape goreng (fried cassava) is an Indonesian sweet snack, originally from Jepara, Central Java, known as "Monyos" or "Rondho Royal". Rondho means Widow and Royal means generous. You can have Fried Cassava - Indonesian way;) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Cassava - Indonesian way;)
- It's 250 gr of cassava, peeled and cut about 4cm.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corriander powder.
- It's 1 tsp of chicken powder stock (optional).
- It's 2 tsp of himalayan salt.
- It's 2 tsp of garlic powder/mince.
- You need as needed of COLD water.
- You need 3 tbsp of shreeded cheese (optional - I used mozarella).
- It's of Oil enough to cover the wok.
I don't use eggs, yeast, and e. Tape goreng (fried cassava) is an Indonesian sweet snack, originally from Jepara, Central Java, known as "Monyos" or "Rondho Royal". Rondho means Widow and Royal means generous. I don't use eggs, yeast, and e.
Fried Cassava - Indonesian way;) step by step
- Steamed the cut cassava for about 20-25 minutes until you can see the surface looks like a glass. if you forked, it should be soft..
- Meanwhile, Prepare: a bowl )big enough for the cassava), pour cold water (this has to be really cold) and the rest of the inggredients. mixed and taste it, it should be fairly salty, as we are using this to marinate..
- As soon as the cassava is out from the steamer, put them in the cold water, and let it marinate for a minimum of an hour. The reason we need cold water is because we want the cassava to open up when we fried them. so it will crumble in your mouth..
- Prepare wok with oil, wait till hot and start frying the marinated cassava. this should be in high medium heat. Leave it in one side for about 5 minute of till it change color to bit golden, then fry the other side. when its done set aside..
- Eat them while its hot. Optional: put them in a bowl, and cover with shreeded cheese..
Feel sick with potato fries or potato wedges? This cassava based fritter is one of the best replacement. I have known this deep-fried cassava as manyokka all throughout my life. That's the name I learned since little and love having it as a snack, side, or a meal of its own. My most favourite way to have this root is to deep-fry the roots even though there are so many other possible ways to prepare them.