Slow Cooker Beef Rendang. Perhaps one of the most popular beef dishes in Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore, traditional beef rendang is a fragrant concoction of fresh lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, ginger and chilli cooked in coconut milk with a variety of spices and a slow-cooking cut of beef like chuck steak or shin. Occasionally, lamb or chicken may be used instead. This slow cooker beef rendang recipe is a convenient way to enjoy tender slow-cooked beef in a fragrant coconut curry.
We get to use a lot of fun spices like cardamom, star anise, cinnamon, cloves, and lemongrass in this one. If you're tired of the typical "shredded. Slow cooker beef rendang curry is a dry curry so there is not going to be a thick curry sauce BUT there is going to be so much flavor packed in one bite you won't be able to stop eating it. You can cook Slow Cooker Beef Rendang using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Rendang
- You need 1.5 Kg of Chuck Steak.
- You need 1 of Stem Lemon Grass.
- You need 1 of Med Onion, chopped.
- It's 3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- It's 1 of Med Onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Chili peppers.
- You need 3 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon Stick or 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon.
- It's 8 of Fresh Curry Leaves, torn.
- You need 2 tsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 425 ml of can Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
What happens as the slow cooker beef rendang curry cooks on top of the stove is that the coconut broth starts to thicken and combine with the herbs and. Buy the book Amazon Waterstones Hive. Put the marinated meat in the slow-cooker crock. Drizzle the soy sauce and Thai fish sauce over the meat and stir to coat well.
Slow Cooker Beef Rendang step by step
- Cut Beef into 3cm pieces.
- In food processor combine Lemon Grass, chilies, Onion, Garlic, and Ginger until smooth..
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onions and ground spices. Cook stirring until Onion is soft..
- Add lemon grass mixture to the spices and and continue to cook, stirring until fragrant..
- Stir in beef, Cinnamon, Curry Leaves, and sugar..
- Put everything in crock pot and add the coconut milk. Simmer covered for 4 hours and then for an additional 4 hours uncovered..
- Serve with basmati rice and your choice of side dishes. I like it with garlic naan..
Click save recipe to create an online cookbook. This recipe is: Dinner; Slow cooker; Gluten free; Soy free; Beef; This mildly spiced slow-cooked coconut beef is a delicious change from a regular beef casserole. Enjoy with a big bowl of rice for a warming. This is the best slow cooker beef rendang recipe out there. Spicy, aromatic and fresh despite its long cooking time.