Halloween Pumpkins- Jouyo Manjyu (Wagashi).
You can cook Halloween Pumpkins- Jouyo Manjyu (Wagashi) using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Halloween Pumpkins- Jouyo Manjyu (Wagashi)
- You need 40 g of Grated Yamaimo （Yam).
- Prepare 70 g of Sugar.
- You need 50-55 of gJouyo-ko (fine rice flour).
- It's 100 g of Koshi-aｎ (Red beam jam).
- It's 50 g of Pumpkin.
- It's of ＋Food colorings.
Halloween Pumpkins- Jouyo Manjyu (Wagashi) step by step
- Ingredients for 10 pieces. *Grated Yam 40g = 10g Yam powder + 30ml Water.
- Cook 50g of Pumpkin in a microwave oven. Mix the cooked pumpkin and 100g of red bean jam. Divide it into 10 and make them round. Wrap them with a paper towel to take their water..
- Colorize 40g of grated Yamaimo. Add 70g of sugar into the grated Yamaimo. Mix them well..
- Put the Yamaimo mixture into the "Jouyo-ko". Mix them. (Put the "Jouyo-ko" onto the yamaimo mixture and fold it.) When the dough becomes like "squeezing an earlobe", divide the dough into 10, as using dusting flour..
- Wrap a bean jam ball with the dough as using dusting flour..
- Make notches on the top of a dough (putting 2 crosses). Make 8 ditches form the bottom to the top with a round chopstick..
- Make a round dent in the center. Put a square chip of pumpkin peel. Put them in a steamer. Spray water over them. Steam them for 8 minutes..
- Cool them down with a cotton clothes cover not to get dry..