Halloween Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake. Place the cake pan on a baking sheet. Pour some hot water (half the height) into the baking sheet. A healthy Halloween Kabocha cheesecake that is entirely gluten-free and sugar-free!
It might not be the prettiest, but it sure is the tastiest. And even though this curry tastes decadently creamy, it. Crust Put the squash on a sheet tray, toss lightly with olive oil and toss in the oven. You can have Halloween Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake using 10 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Halloween Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake
- Prepare of Egg yolks.
- It's of Sugar.
- It's of Vegetable oil.
- It's of Milk.
- Prepare of Kabocha squash.
- Prepare of Egg white.
- It's of Sugar.
- Prepare of Cake flour.
- It's of Baking powder.
- It's of Cornstarch.
Kabocha squash is an Asian variety of winter squash with a dark green skin and a round shape. Like other winter squash it is an excellent source of fiber To cook kabocha squash, start by cutting it in half. Be sure to use a sharp knife and to stabilize the squash with a clean kitchen towel, if necessary. Try one of these amazing kabocha squash recipes and you'll be wondering where this veggie has been all your life.
Halloween Kabocha Squash Chiffon Cake step by step
- Divide the yolks and whites. Chill the egg whites until you need them..
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder and cornstarch together..
- Cut the kabocha squash into bite sized pieces, and steam in a steamer or microwave until tender..
- Mash the kabocha squash while still hot..
- Put the egg whites in a bowl and mix until it turns watery. Add half the sugar and whip with a hand mixer to make the meringue..
- When the meringue is thick and forms soft peaks, add the rest of the sugar and beat..
- When it forms stiff peaks as in the photo, it's ok. Chill in the refrigerator..
- Put the egg yolks in another bowl, add the sugar and mix..
- Beat until the yolks turn pale and forms a thick ribbon..
- Add the vegetable oil and milk, then mix well..
- Add the mashed kabocha squash from Step 4..
- Sift the flours again, right into the bowl..
- Blend with the hand mixer until the batter is no longer floury..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue from Step 7 to the batter, and mix with the hand blender..
- When it is blended, add 1/2 of the remaining meringue. Use a rubber spatula this time, and a cut-and-fold motion to mix..
- Lastly add the batter to the bowl containing the meringue. Mix gently to maintain the airy texture of the meringue..
- When it's evenly mixed, pour the batter into the cake pan. Drop the filled cake pan 2 to 3 times onto the counter top to eliminate air bubbles..
- Bake in a preheated 340°F/170°C oven for 40 minutes. If it looks like the surface is becoming burned, cover it with foil..
- Cool upside down on a bottle or mug and it's done..
If you're a sucker for squash like we are (hello, butternut, spaghetti, and pumpkin), you may already be well-acquainted with kabocha. If not, let us introduce you. Kabocha Squash Japanese pumpkin, substitute: any type of sweet squash or pumpkin - net weight. Let's prepare the kabocha squash also known as Japanese pumpkin. View top rated Kabocha squash recipes with ratings and reviews.