Chicken Coconut Curry /Ayam Rendang. Chicken Rendang, or Rendang Ayam is a lip-smacking Indonesian dry curry that's loaded with tender chicken simmered with a spice paste and coconut milk until there's almost no sauce left. At this point, the remaining sauce is caramelize around the chicken along with roasted coconut to create an ultra-flavorful coating around each piece of chicken. Add the coconut milk, water, and simmer on medium heat, stirring frequently until the chicken is almost cooked.
Pairs well as a base for beef or chicken. Ingredients: Water, toasted desiccated coconut, onions, garlic, sustainable palm oil, sugar, salt, corn. One of the typical ingredients in making Malaysian chicken rendang is the inclusion of kerisik (toasted grated coconut), and relatively shorter cooking time than the Indonesian version. You can have Chicken Coconut Curry /Ayam Rendang using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Coconut Curry /Ayam Rendang
- It's 1 of chicken cut in chunk.
- It's 2 cup of each chunk of potato and carrot.
- You need 1 cup of fresh grated coconut flesh.
- It's 400 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- It's 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare of dry spice.
- You need 6 of to 10 dry cili and 1 fresh red cili. (the more the spicier).
- It's 8 of shallot and 5 garlic.
- You need 1 of inches of ginger.
- Prepare 1 of lemon grass.
- You need 1 tsp of galangal and fresh turmeric.
- It's of seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of salt and brown sugar.
- You need of garnish.
- It's 1 bunch of coriander.
That means it is quicker to prepare and comes with a thick gravy instead of cooking it for a few hours until the rendang become dry. Watch how to make slow cooker chicken rendang curry in the video below:. Add in cooked paste and the rest of the ingredients except chicken, coconut milk, cornstarch and lime juice. Now add in the chicken and coat them well with the mixture.
Chicken Coconut Curry /Ayam Rendang instructions
- lightly toast coconut set aside.
- pound or blend dry spice.
- in pan with oil saute spice till fragrant in low heat for about 15 minutes then add chicken and vegetable with tomato puree and bring it to a boil stiring every now and then for another 15 minute then add coconut milk ,let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- add in grated coconut and seasoning to taste stir gently not to break up vegetable continuingly till sauce thickening but if prefer more gravy can add half cup of water for another 5 minute off heat and serve top garnish.
Add Curry Paste and stir until warmed and fragrant. Add beef and stir until browned and coated in paste. Chicken Rendang is A Real Treat For Curry Lovers. It is indeed a real treat especially for the curry lovers. The chicken pieces are slowly cooked in coconut milk and spices until almost dry, allowing the meat to absorb all the condiments.