You can cook Christmas Toffee using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Christmas Toffee
- You need 2 cup of Salted Sweet Cream Butter (4 sticks).
- It's 2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Light Corn Syrup.
- It's 1 cup of Milk Chocolate Chips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Finely Chopped Pecans.
Christmas Toffee step by step
- Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil.
- In a medium stock pot or large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sugar, corn syrup and water, increase heat to high.
- Stir constantly as mixture bubbles up, turns golden brown and heats to 300°F (hard crack stage), should take about 15 minutes.
- Once mixture reaches 300°F pour into lined jelly roll pan.
- Wait for approximately 5 minutes (or until toffee is warm but not HOT to the touch) and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top of the toffee.
- Wait another minute for chips to melt, spread over top of toffee evenly with a flat spatula.
- After evenly spreading, let sit for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle pecans over chocolate and very gently pat, or depress pecans into chocolate to set.
- Cut toffee with long, non-serrated cake knife and enjoy!.