Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama. Zucchini and carrots team up with seasoned stuffing cubes and some sour cream to make this delicious side dish casserole. Sliced zucchini and shredded carrots team up to make this tasty casserole. Sprinkle lightly with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a poultry seasoning blend.
Ground beef and zucchini make a great pairing is this surprisingly light casserole. There's enough creamy cheese and orzo pasta to make this taste indulgent, but the zucchini plays a role too, as it has a naturally buttery taste and silky texture, both of which are enhanced by baking. See great recipes for Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama too! You can have Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama
- You need 1 kg of baby zucchini, washed.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes, cut in slices.
- It's 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, dissolved in 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vegetable oil, for frying.
- It's of For the stuffing:.
- It's 250 g of coarsely ground beef.
- You need 3 of onions, finely minced.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of pine nuts.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It's 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
To make it vegetarian, I substitute chopped mushrooms for ground meat, to great effect. The koussa are usually served warm, and a dollop of yogurt goes wonderfully with them. Add the stuffed zucchini and any meatballs and bring to the boil. Stuffed Zucchini is the recipe you will need with the coming season.
Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama step by step
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing..
- To prepare the stuffing: fry the pine nuts and onions in 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil until pine nuts are slightly roasted and the onions are soft..
- Stir in the meat, pepper, cinnamon and salt. Cook for 10 min until the meat is done. Remove from heat and let it cool..
- Stuff the zucchini, making sure they are fully stuffed..
- In a saucepan, fry the stuffed zucchini in ¾ cup of vegetable oil, turning them every few minutes until both sides are slightly brown. Remove from oil and arrange them in a baking tray..
- Preheat the oven to medium heat..
- Put the tomato slices on top of the zucchini and pour over the dissolved tomato paste. Add enough water to cover the zucchinis and tomato slices..
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and bake in the oven for 30 min or until the sauce thickens..
- Serve hot with vermicelli rice..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'vermicelli rice' under my profile..
Finally we left the freezing days behind and we will be having freshest tomatoes This stuffed zucchini with ground meat and rice is in our top ten list of our kitchen. As I wrote before, zucchini is not our favorite vegetable and we.. Ground Beef Stuffing Casserole, Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas, Ground Beef And Potato Gratin. While they do look elegant, stuffed zucchini are simple to prepare. If you freeze your ground beef in patties (as I do), a convenient way to have pre-measured, last minute.