Beef Massaman Curry - Kaeng Matsaman.
You can have Beef Massaman Curry - Kaeng Matsaman using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Massaman Curry - Kaeng Matsaman
- You need 300 grams of Beef (stewing meat, cut into cubes).
- Prepare 500 grams of Potatoes.
- Prepare 100 grams of Onion.
- It's 1 of to 2 cloves Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It's 1 of ☆ cardamon - 3 pods ☆ Cinnamon sticks - 2.
- It's 1 of ☆ cloves - 5 ☆ Bay leaves - 2.
- It's 50 grams of Massaman curry paste.
- Prepare 400 ml of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 550 ml of Water.
- It's 66 ml of Peanuts (skinned).
- It's 3 tsp of Fish sauce.
- It's 3 tsp of Sugar (coconut sugar if you have).
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
Beef Massaman Curry - Kaeng Matsaman instructions
- Cut the beef and onion into 2.5cm cubes. Peel the potatoes, and cut in half (cut into four, if they are large), and finely chop the garlic..
- Put the vegetable oil and ☆ spices in a pan, heat over low heat until tiny bubbles appear on the surface of the spices. The spices will be submerged in the oil if you tip the pan a little..
- Turn off the heat once to lower the temperature. Turn on the heat to low, sauté the garlic and onion from Step 1 a little, add the curry paste, and sauté until fragrant..
- Pour 250 ml of the thick part of the coconut milk into Step 3 in 3 batches, and mix. (When the red oil comes up to the surface, add the next batch.).
- Add the beef, and cook. When the beef turns brown, add the peanuts, and stir..
- When Step 5 comes to a boil, add the rest of the coconut milk and water, and simmer over low heat. When the beef becomes a little tender, add the potatoes from Step 1, and simmer..
- When everything is nice and tender, season with the fish sauce and sugar. Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice, and stir. Serve over cooked rice!.
- The "Chicken Massaman Curry", using chicken drumettes and chicken thigh instead of beef, is also very delicious..