Indonesian Spicy Roasted Chicken. Indonesian spicy chicken or we call it ayam rica-rica is savory and spicy chicken dishes from North Sulawesi. Hearty and satisfying meal for those who love spicy foods. Disclaimer: This recipe is originally from my and my friend's old food blog Hayu Cooking.
It has been a quite long time since I post about Indonesian recipe. Now for this post I would love to introduce you one of the recipes from more than a hundred Indonesian roast chicken recipes. When I say a hundred of roasted chicken recipes, I mean it is really that many.. You can have Indonesian Spicy Roasted Chicken using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Spicy Roasted Chicken
- You need of Whole chicken.
- Prepare 1 tea spoon of Turmeric powder.
- You need 8 cloves of garlic.
- You need 5 of candlenut.
- It's 1 of lemonggrass.
- It's 2 inches of ginger.
- Prepare 2 inches of galangal.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tea spoon of coriander seeds.
- You need 7 of or more fresh red cayyene pepper.
- You need 300 ml of water.
- It's To taste of Chicken powder or salt.
- Prepare 2 of table spoons olive oil.
Blend all ingredients except bay leave with olive. Heat a pan and fry ingredient that has been blended and bay leave until fragrant. Add water and bring it to boil. Wash chicken untill clean and put in to the boiling ingredient and make sure it covered by the ingredient.
Indonesian Spicy Roasted Chicken step by step
- Blend all ingredients except bay leave with olive.
- Heat a pan and fry ingredient that has been blended and bay leave until fragrant.
- Add water and bring it to boil.
- Wash chicken untill clean and put in to the boiling ingredient and make sure it covered by the ingredient.
- Cover the pan and let it about 5 minutes with medium heat then turn over the chicken and cover again cook about 10 minutes or until water is going to dry. Keep the sauce..
- Prepare bake bowl and move chicken to the bake bowl and cover with aluminium foil. Bake in 250 degrees for 30 minutes or when the chicken is brown..
- Take out chicken and serve in a large plate and pour the rest of sauce or gravy on the chicken.
Drizzle ABC Sweet Soy Sauce on the chicken before eating. Ayam Penyet (Penyet Chicken) is an incredibly spicy Indonesian dish that is not for the faint-hearted. Ingredients can be found in Asian grocery stores. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Recipes, Asian recipes. Add chicken legs and coconut milk to the skillet; stir well to make sure chicken is coated with sauce.