You can have Christmas Cake using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Christmas Cake
- Prepare of Orange juice/mixed fruit juice-1/4cup(here I used orange juice)(For soaking).
- Prepare of Golden raisins-1tbsp(For soaking).
- Prepare of Dates-2tbsp(For soaking).
- You need of Tutti Frutti-4tbsp(For soaking).
- It's of Milk-1/2cup(For Buttermilk).
- Prepare of Vinegar-1tsp(For Buttermilk).
- Prepare of Sugar-3tbsp(Caramel syrup).
- You need of Water-1tbsp(Caramel syrup).
- Prepare of Water-4tbsp(later used in Caramel syrup).
- It's of Sugar-1/4 cup(Add to the caramel syrup+soaked dry fruits).
- It's of All purpose flour-1cup(Sieve this dry mixture).
- It's of Baking powder-1tsp(Sieve this dry mixture).
- You need of Baking Soda-1/2TSP(Sieve this dry mixture).
- Prepare of Milk powder-2tbsp(Sieve this dry mixture).
- Prepare of Mixed nuts-1/4cup(Add to the final mixture).
- You need of Butter/oil-1/4cup(Add to the final mixture).
- Prepare of vanilla essence-1tsp(Add to the final mixture).
Christmas Cake instructions
- Take orange juice/mixed fruit juice. Soak the raisins, dates & tutti fruitti in it for 1 hour..
- Mix the milk with vinegar and keep the prepared buttermilk aside..
- Put a pan on medium heat. Add sugar and water and cook this mixture till caramelized. once caramelized add the extra quantity of water to the caramelized syrup. Now the caramel syrup is ready. Keep it aside to cool down. Once cooled down, add this caramel syrup to the soaked dry fruits. To this add the sugar. Mix it well..
- On the above mixture sieve the dry ingredients flour, baking powder, baking soda & milk powder and mix it properly by cut and fold method. To this add the prepared buttermilk slowly to mix it properly. To this mixture add mixed nuts, butter/oil and vanilla essence and mix well..
- Then pour the mixture into a greased mould with the parchment paper and tap once and bake in a preheated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 45 to 55 mins or till the toothpick comes out clean. Once done let it rest to get it completely cooled down. Then you can cut and serve it..