Christmas cake. Christmas cake is a type of cake, often fruitcake, served at Christmas time in many countries. Christmas cake is an English tradition that began as plum porridge. Bake this festive fruit cake in advance of Christmas and feed it regularly with rum, brandy or whisky to build the flavour Try a modern twist on a traditional Christmas cake with this salted caramel version.
This Christmas cake decorating playlist includes all my Christmas ideas and video tutorials, old and new. Rich cheesecakes, old-fashioned fruitcakes, gingerbread, and red velvet cake. · Christmas cake with a difference. I've embraced the cut out technique using an actual gingerbread man cutter. You can cook Christmas cake using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas cake
- Prepare 2 cups of Flour (I used 50:50, Whole Wheat Flour: All Purpose Flour).
- It's 1 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of Dried Red Cranberries.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Dried Chopped Apricot Handful of black raisins.
- It's 1/2 cup of mixed nuts (cashews, almonds and walnuts).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown or cane sugar Powdered.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- It's 1 tbsp of Vanilla custard powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It's 2 tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Feel free to use one large gingerbread man or, depending on the size of your cake, a mix. We've put together our best Christmas cake recipes of all time. We've made lots of Christmas cake recipes over the years. From chocolate and cherry to gin and tea - here are our favourites.
Christmas cake instructions
- Soak all the nuts and berries in orange juice for 3-4 hours.
- Mix sugar and butter in a blender.
- Mix orange juice to it.
- Sieve the dry ingredients and slowly add to the wet ingredients with the help of a spatula.
- Add vanilla essence to this mix and pour in the greased tin.
- Tap it on the counter to release the air bubbles.
- Place the baking tin in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Do the skewer test.
- Let it cool on the wire rack.
- Enjoy the eggless alcohol free Christmas cake.
Try our traditional boozy fruit cakes along with alternative ideas to serve over the festive season - impressive white snowball cake, boozy rum and raisin bundt cake. Find christmas cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. To make a Christmas cake, start by chopping almonds. Then mix the almonds with dried fruit and brandy and let it sit overnight.