Perkedel. Perkedel, bergedel, pegedil or begedil is Indonesian fried patties, made of ground potatoes, minced meat, peeled and ground corn or tofu, or minced fish. Most common perkedel are made from mashed potatoes, yet there are other popular variants which includes perkedel jagung (peeled maize perkedel) and perkedel tahu (tofu perkedel) and perkedel ikan (minced fish). The humble perkedel is a ubiquitous everyday side dish in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.
Be the first to review this recipe. There are many kind of methods to cook Perkedel (Indonesian mini meat patties), but this is the best I found. If you dislike the taste of fried shallot please reduce the amount of shallots you use in the cooking. You can cook Perkedel using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Perkedel
- You need 1 kg of potato.
- It's 2 large of eggs (separate the yolk and egg white).
- It's 1 liter of vegetable oil (for frying).
- It's of Seasoning.
- Prepare 6 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 medium of onion.
- It's 1 pinch of paper n salt (to taste).
Perkedel kentang (Indonesian potato fritters) is a ubiquitous everyday side dish in Indonesian, and is popular for lunch, dinner, or even as snacks! The humble perkedel is tasty and filling, and you will spot these everywhere in Indonesia, from street hawkers, tiny Mom-and-Pop family restaurants, all the way to fancy formal banquets. The ingredients for both versions are pretty similar except Perkedel includes shallot, garlic and candlenut. In my opinion, both are equally yummy.
Perkedel step by step
- clean the potatoes n boil until they are fork tender n drain.
- peel the boiled potatoes then quartered.
- heat the frying pan with the oil then fried the potatoes until golden brown n crisp.
- drain, and gently mash all of the potatoes with seasoning (all the seasoning was being processed with the food processor until smooth and well blended).
- add the egg yolk to the potatoes mixture n shape in thick coin or as ur liking.
- heat the oil and make sure it just hot enough to fry but not to burn ur perkedel.. :).
- coat the coin potato mixture with the egg white then fried until it goes beautifully golden brown.
- remove it from the oil then serve.
- perkedel can be paired with the bbq, rice, vegetables or anything based on ur liking.
- enjoy! :D.
Tip: Feel free to double the ingredients below. I like to fry up a large batch and store them in the freezer. Perkedel, or bergedel, or paragede is made from mashed potato with several seasoning and then fried. Perkedel can be easily found in many restaurant, such as Padang restaurant, restaurant that sell soto (Indonesian soup), food stall that sell rice (known as Warteg or Warung Tegal)…It's also a popular item in Indonesian home kitchen. Perkedel Kentang (Indonesian Potato Cakes)"Perkedel" comes actually from in Dutch language "Frikadel" which means pan-fried minced meat.